Monday, July 4, 2011

Crunchy Granola

Happy Fourth of July!
We are heading up to the cabin for the week so I thought I better leave you with something fun, delicious, and even nutritious!

This is the granola I made to bring to the cabin. It was fast and easy to make. It will be a great snacky food. So here's how it's done:

Combine 2/3 cup honey, 1/2 cup veggie oil, and 1/3 cup packed brown sugar in a small sauce pan. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add 2 tsp vanilla.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine 4 cup old fashioned oats, 1 cup almond slices, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup salted sunflower seeds. Once stirred up add in honey mixture stirring to coat evenly. Spread out on a cookie sheet and pop it in the oven at 300 for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes add a cup of raisins and stir it up a bit. Pop it back in for 10 more minutes.
When it's done, spread it out on wax paper to cool.
And there you have it. Pretty easy, huh?

Some ideas/tips. If you like a crunchier granola I would recommend using two cookie sheets so it is able to cook a little crisper. You can really add anything to this: flaxseed, crasins, any kind of nut or seed. You could even add dried blueberries after taking it out of the oven. Hmm that sounds good! Let me know what you tried for add-ins!

2 comments:

  1. That looks great Rawney! Welcome to the food blog world. Love your design. I started blogging last year, and its been a lot of fun! When I get a second I'm going to link you in my sidebar. Happy 4th!

    Nicole (Clairmont) Johnson
    www.orwhateveryoudo.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog