Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cupcake Birthday Theme


 
My sweet little Vivian turned one a couple weeks ago (I really can't believe it either!). I decided to do a cupcake theme for her first birthday party. It turned out super cute so I wanted to share it with you. Maybe you will be inspired for your own theme idea!

 I decorated with cupcakes and Guess Who's One? signs (Vivian's name is on the other side:)








We had to have lots of cupcakes of course! I made red velvet with cream cheese frosting. They turned out so moist! I found all this cupcake stuff in the dollar section at Micheals. The colors matched my 'scheme' perfectly! So I bought the stickers and used them for cupcake toppers.



   I also made mini yellow cake cupcakes with strawberry meringue buttercream frosting. The frosting was DELICIOUS! I will post that recipe soon!

And of course, Vivi's cake! My girls get their own cake for every birthday and my mom always makes them. This giant chocolate cupcake turned out so cute and Vivian thought so too!



Vivi had a cupcake birthday shirt and sweet polka dot tutu I found at Target. I love how the cupcakes match. We didn't even plan that!
Thank you gifts for the guests - clothespin magnets with our little cupcake

I wrote out questions about Vivi on cupcakes. The answers are on the inside. Just something fun for the guests!

It was a very fun day...and I think Vivian agrees!
  
....I have to add one more thing. The day we celebrated Vivian's birthday was actually my 30th birthday. My sweet husband felt so bad that nothing special was happening for me. I didn't really mind and understood it was just too hectic, but when I got up in the morning I found our entryway ceiling filled with balloons! My husband tied little cards to each one that told of something he loved about me. It was the sweetest thing. I cried!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog