Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chicken Rub-a-Dub-Dub!

Well I'm just going to jump right into this thing with a delicious recipe/gift that's perfect for summer and sunny afternoons at the grill. This was actually a project I put together for my MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group when I was the Creative Coordinator.
Here's what I used:
  •  A long neck bottle (anything will really do, I save all my sauce and dressing bottles for just such fun projects as these. but you could use a mason jar, a tin, or even one of those cute spice containers with the flip top lids.)
  • One sheet of sticker paper for printing the recipe on
  • Last but not least...Spices! I got all my spices at Penzeys Spices. They are more expensive, but well worth the results trust me! It was also a really fun experience going to the store so if you have one nearby I highly recommend it! But you can also order from them online. Here's the list:
    • 1/4 c sugar in the raw
    • 1/4 c sweet Hungarian paprika
    • 3 tbs kosher salt
    • 1 tbs ground pepper
    • 1 tbs garlic powder 
    • 1 tbs onion powder
    • 1 tbs chili powder
    • 1 tbs cayenne pepper (I'm not a fan of spicy but my husband is so I only added half the amount. It was still a little too spicy for my girls but I could handle it)
The easiest way to do this is use a funnel (or make a cone with a piece of paper if you don't have one) and pour all the spices in your bottle and shake it up good. If you think your container won't shake up good I would mix the spices in a bowl first and then pour them in. I made cute labels for mine on sticker paper that I just printed off. You can make your own or when I figure out how to do it I will link my labels...errrr...
It's really good on chicken but it would be good on pork too...maybe even salmon, yum! To use it mix a couple tablespoons in some peanut oil and brush it on your meat before grilling. So delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog